Sunday, January 7, 2007

Iowa Hits a Home Run with National Pheasants Fest in Des Moines

I for one am absolutely thrilled to see Iowa selected to host the National Pheasants Forever - Pheasant Fest.

Fortunately, last night I was reminded of the events when I was at a Casey's General Store in Huxley, Iowa and saw the discount ticket for a $1 Off Pheasant Fest 2007. The third-ever Fest is taking place January 19, 20 & 21, 2007 in Des Moines after previously being held in Bloomington, Minn. (2003) and Omaha, Neb. (2005). Omaha officials estimated that the 24,205 attendees had an economic impact of between $2 and $2.5 million on the Omaha economy in 2005.

Oddly enough last night I was at Casey's getting gas to go to the Monster Trucks Jam at the Iowa Events Center. Great show by the way.

So I called Dad (Milt Owen - Director of the Mitchell County Conservation Board as well as proud member of PF) on my way into the office today and wanted to hear more about this years National Convention.

WOW! I was shocked. They expect somewhere between 22,000 to 25,000 to attend throughout the convention. Most will be from Iowa, however a good number from the surrounding states as well as others from everywhere in between potentially flying into Des Moines International Airport.

He mentioned something like 400+ Exhibitors & Displays with seminars going on throughout. I can't wait to go. Amazing event and incredible boost to the Iowa economy (both Pheasant Hunting and the National Convention). One look at the roster of sponsors and it is clear that many of our rodeo friends are involved. Cabela's is one of the Major Sponsors of the PBR is also one of the top sponsors with this year's PH convention. THANK YOU!

Soooo, if you are planning on attending, give us a call and we'll be sure to hook up.

I'm curious. Are you involved in your state with PF or other similar conservation/hunting organizations? National Wild Turkey Federation, Whitetails Forever, Ducks Unlimited?

How many of you come to Iowa to hunt? If you do, are you paying for private land or utilizing the abundance of public hunting? Just curious. I hope to spur some interesting conversations!

Happy Hunting!

PS: I wanted to send a special thank you out to Adam Steen with TCM - Transitional Capital Management for arranging and hosting an excellent day of Iowa Pheasant Hunting yesterday. We were blessed with beautiful weather, amazing coverage and some great bird dogs. Most of all a great group of guys. Thanks for having us! Let's do it again soon! My treat, we'll host the turkey hunt. Let me know and we'll get that one in motion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem on the hunt. I'm looking forward to a turkey hunt! Hopefully I can hit one.

Monday, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home